Voom Infographic: Celebrating One Year in São Paulo
It’s hard to believe that it’s been a year since we launched the Voom service in São Paulo. While we are just getting started on our mission of elevating travelers’ daily lives by elevating their daily commute, it’s clear that we are already having a significant impact. As we celebrate this milestone, it seemed like a good time to reflect on the impact we are already having in São Paulo.
Based on feedback from our customers, we’ve expanded our operations to fly to four (4) new helipads, including the World Trade Center Sheraton, Helicidade, Alphaville, and Viracopos. We’ve also expanded our product’s capabilities. In May, we introduced pre-booking, allowing passengers to book up to 7 days in advance. We’ve launched scenic flights so passengers can take in all of São Paulo’s sights from above. And most recently, we launched our commuter service from downtown São Paulo to Alphaville and Viracopos.
We’ve also learned a lot over the past 12 months. Below are some highlights:
- Our riders end their work weeks with Voom travel. Thursdays and Fridays are the most popular days to fly with Voom. This has evolved since our 100-day infographic when midweek was the preferred time to travel.
- Perhaps not surprising, late evening flights are preferred as Paulistas escape the rush-hour traffic. To be precise, the most popular times to fly with Voom are between 5pm to 7pm.
- As ground transportation options out to the airports are often unbearable, travelers are taking to the skies for a viable solution. Our most popular routes in São Paulo are from Itaim Bibi to Guarulhos Airport (GRU) and GRU to the World Trade Center (WTC).
- Flight duration remains a fraction of the time travelers spend traveling via car. The average flight duration is around 11 minutes. This is just plain awesome since it could conceivably take double the amount of time to find a parking space in downtown São Paulo.
- Fun fact: Nearly half of riders are flying in a helicopter for the first time. We are happy to see this as we continue our mission of democratizing helicopter travel.
- While São Paulo can have so many beautiful landmarks, our passengers seem to be awe-struck by the traffic on Marginal Pinheiros, the most often Instagrammed landmark while flying with Voom. Traffic is actually tolerable when you can fly over it.
“It’s been an incredible journey since we launched in São Paulo a year ago. We are well on our way to understanding the dynamics of urban air mobility — market needs, demographics, preferences, etc. We look forward to learning more in year 2 and beyond and more importantly, providing our passengers with an equally awesome experience as they’ve enjoyed over the past 12 months,” said Uma Subramanian, CEO of Voom.
As always, to book your Voom journey, go to www.voom.flights, choose the best day and time to fly and your preferred destination. Voom flies to 9 helipads throughout the city. We fly between 7am to 8pm, Monday through Friday and Saturdays between 10am and 4pm.
We look forward to welcoming you on board in year #2. Stay tuned to our blog for more news and updates.