Technical Project Manager
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will report to the Director of Program Management at Wayfinder. Our project management team ensures that we deliver our work on time, on cost and on quality. In this role, you will collaborate with our experts across our AI, software engineering, simulation and flight test teams to help design, build and test our products. We are a lean, fast-moving team, and we need your keen organizational skills to deliver meaningful and impactful products.
- Dive into our product architecture and build project plans with our engineering teams
- Facilitate the efficient planning, design and execution of projects, lead status and review meetings
- Synchronize product timelines by efficiently coordinating resources across different teams
- Track progress of projects to prioritize resources, expose hidden dependencies, identify critical paths and risks as early as possible to mitigate schedule and resource impacts
- Drive continuous improvement across our program as we build and mature our development processes
- Manage relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Select, train and deploy suitable program management software programs and features necessary to efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Support the Director of Program Management by producing periodic project update reports in multiple formats
- Brief the broader team on current project status, critical paths resource limitations and advise on the best course of action
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, aerospace engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience managing projects integrating software and hardware components into full-featured products
- Strong leadership, communication and team-building skills with a passion for chasing details and completing tasks on time
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a flexible, pragmatic attitude while bringing clarity and order to multiple parallel innovative engineering projects
- Documented experience implementing JIRA, Confluence and other tools essential to efficient program management across multiple teams with diverse program management requirements
- Knowledge and expertise in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and other program management methodologies
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Certified PMP or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Systems Engineering Certification (ASEP or other)
- Project managing intertwined hardware and software programs
- Real-world experience managing aerospace and/or machine learning hardware and software integrated related systems, even better if you have github experience!
- Demonstrated experience presenting case studies and potential scenarios to aid in program management decision making
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.