Systems Engineering Internship
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Wayfinder’s Systems team at Acubed is looking for a Systems Engineering intern to help us shape the future of autonomous flight! Any complex autonomous system requires clear, measurable requirements and a strong test program, and we need an intern to help us certify our system. During this internship, you will work closely with software, hardware and flight test teams to ensure that our autonomous systems are performing as required. This is a hands-on opportunity in which you will study the results of a variety of simulated and real-world flight tests and help generate test results that will be used to advance our product.
Support the Systems Engineering team in developing a roadmap toward a certifiable technology by performing complex technical analyses
Write and execute test plans to study the performance of multiple elements of our perception software stack
Develop tools to support data collection and other aspects of verification of our software
Write SQL queries to measure system metrics across large amounts of data
- Undergraduate or Graduate background in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Proficiency in Python or C/C++
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Suite tools
- Strong communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with a drive to overcome challenges
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
- Academic or practical experience with Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Real-world experience with autonomous systems (e.g., mobile robots, cars, aircraft) and related sensors (e.g., lidar, radar, cameras, inertial measurement units)
- A passion for making things fly