Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Software Engineer, you will report to the Head of Software at Wayfinder. On our team, software engineers have a wide range of responsibilities, including software system architecture, moving deep learning methods from prototype to deployment, building sensor interfaces, designing and implementing perception algorithms, and more. You will contribute to all levels of testing, from unit tests to hardware-in-loop simulation tests to flight tests. We are a lean, fast-moving team, so we value flexibility and the personal drive to identify and tackle hard problems.
- Design, implement, and ship code for Wayfinder’s core products
- Rapidly develop technical expertise and leadership skills to tackle problems of increasing scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline
- Significant prior experience in software engineering, particularly in developing complex robotics systems
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured, and well-documented code
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++
- A flexible, pragmatic attitude to contribute across various efforts as needed
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Real-world experience developing production quality or safety certifiable software for robots, cars, or aircraft
- Familiarity with techniques in simulation, computer vision, machine learning, or neural networks
- Working understanding of physics and linear algebra
- Working understanding of aviation and aerospace engineering
- Daily lunch and snacks, happy hours; social outings
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (25 days) in addition to 10 national holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy and more