Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Software Engineer, you will report to the Head of Software Platform at Wayfinder. On our team, software engineers have a wide range of responsibilities, including software system architecture, moving deep learning methods from prototype to deployment, building sensor interfaces, designing and implementing perception algorithms and more. You will also contribute to all levels of testing, from unit tests to hardware-in-loop simulation tests to flight tests. We are a lean, fast-moving team, so we value flexibility and the personal drive to identify and tackle hard problems.
- Design, implement, deploy and ship code for Wayfinder’s core products
- Rapidly develop technical expertise and leadership skills to tackle problems of increasing scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related discipline
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- Significant prior experience in software engineering, particularly in developing complex robotics or hardware systems
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured and well-documented code
- A flexible, pragmatic attitude to contribute across various efforts as needed
- Experience deploying software in a production environment
Strongly preferred qualifications
- Experience with creating Debian packages and managing their deployment with Artifactory or similar systems
- Real-world experience developing production quality or safety-certifiable software for critical physical systems such as aircraft, cars, servers or robots
- Familiarity with DDS or other middleware
- Working understanding of aviation and aerospace engineering
- Understanding of 3D coordinate systems and transforms
- Experience with docker or other containerization systems
- Experience setting up automated build and testing with Jenkins or similar systems
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more
Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.