Software Engineer - Data
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
Wayfinder’s data team is responsible for the curation and maintenance of large amounts of structured and unstructured data. As a Software Engineer, you will work on the development and support of scalable data warehousing solutions, ETL- Extract, Transform, Load (workloads and the enablement of data consumption through the development of automated reporting,dashboards and other useful means.
- Design and build scalable solutions for Wayfinder’s data warehousing
- Collaborate with other teams to develop ETL workloads upstream and downstream of our core storage
- Provide data insights to different stakeholders
- Maintain the integrity and quality of our data
- Experience in building/maintaining a data warehouse and ETL tools
- Experience with scalable SQL and No-SQL database systems
- Proficient programming in one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Golang
- Hands-on experience with visualization libraries such as matplotlib and plotly or dashboard tools such as Tableau
- Demonstrated ability to maintain currency with the latest developments in your field
- Personal drive and intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with an appreciation for overcoming challenges
- Excellent communication skills, including strong coordination and relational skills to collaborate with customers, various internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in statistics and machine learning
- Hands-on experience with workflow orchestration tools such as Airflow and Dagster
- Hands-on experience with out-of-core data processing tools such as Dask, Modin, Vaex or Rapids
- Experience in best practices in table partitioning/data sharding strategies and query optimization
- Familiarity with micro-service architecture and deploying APIs on Kubernetes
- Experience with computer vision techniques
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day