Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
The Wayfinder team is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing products and tools to support the team’s mission of creating AI-enabled features for Aviation. You will be expected to develop quality code in a fast-paced environment.
While working on a small development team, you will be expected to take high-level requirements and develop them independently. You will be expected to work across the entire software stack to deliver complete feature sets.
- Projects on the frontend and the backend (full stack)
- Work with an API-first mindset, maintaining focus on authentication, authorization, state management, and development fundamentals
- Design and develop solutions to solve existing problems and to automate the pipeline
- Deliver efficient, tested, extensible solutions.
- Rapidly prototype new ideas
- Participate in code reviews
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and demonstrated track record in developing for the web with at least 8-10 years of experience
- Experience in React/HMTL5/CSS/JS(ES6+)
- Experience in Python
- Experience using REST APIs
- Experience using SQL databases in API development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think and develop independently with a focus on delivering measurable results
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Deep understanding of both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in Machine Learning and ML Ops
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location and years of experience, the target annual salary for this position can range from $170,000 to $200,000 + target bonus + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and flight training).
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.