Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will report to the Head of AI Data at Wayfinder.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining data pipelines and software products that leverage internal data and support data-driven decision making and the application of Machine Learning across different stages of the Wayfinder data life cycle.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable data pipelines and data management solutions to support the Wayfinder ML team and other teams in Airbus which require access to data.
- Build tools and software products to support data quality assurance and promote data-driven decision making
- Support the development and evaluation of deep learning models.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in applied Machine Learning
- Knowledge of database systems (SQL and non-SQL) and data pipeline technologies
- Proficient Python programming
- Demonstrated ability to maintain currency with the latest developments in your field
- Personal drive and intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with an appreciation for overcoming challenges
- Excellent communication skills, including strong coordination and relational skills to collaborate with customers, various internal and external stakeholders and partners
Strongly preferred qualifications
- Real-world experience applying data engineering techniques to computer vision and ML in autonomous systems such as robots, cars, and UAVs
- Experience in ML-ops
- Experience working with High-Performance Computing clusters and GPUs
- Software development experience in a production environment
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after 2 yrs) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym membership/subsidy and more