Senior Integration and Test Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As an Integration and Test Engineer, you will report to the Director of Engineering at Wayfinder. In this role, you will work to integrate and test our software and hardware systems on benchtop, surrogate vehicle, and full-scale vehicle platforms. Since our work encompasses many engineering disciplines, you should expect to work closely with our subject matter experts across the team and expand your knowledge as an engineering generalist. As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that our systems are reliable and robust. You will also drive our testing activities with an emphasis on safety while maintaining urgency and a bias toward action.
- Lead integration of Wayfinder systems for test campaigns
- Generate documentation and processes for testing our systems that keep us on schedule while maintaining quality and safety at all times
- Support flight test operations on surrogate and full-scale vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or electrical engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive experience in engineering
- 2+ years of progressive experience integrating computer and sensor systems for complex robotic systems
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of at least one of the following topics: mechanical prototyping of ruggedized systems, electrical prototyping of sense and compute systems, or software testing of complex robotic systems
Strongly preferred qualifications
- Real-world experience building and testing aircraft, especially UAS
- Mechanical prototyping experience, including with CAD software, basic machining, and additive manufacturing
- Electrical prototyping experience, including with system bringup and debugging, analysis using digital multimeters and oscilloscopes, and basic circuit design and analysis
- Experience with Python or another interpreted programming language
- Daily lunch and snacks, happy hours; social outings
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (25 days) in addition to 10 national holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy and more