Senior Engineer for AI Systems Test
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
The Wayfinder team is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
Our Systems Engineering team is looking for a talented software engineer to drive the development of a Verification and Validation (V&V) software stack to test the limits of our AI-based autonomous flight solutions.
As a Senior Engineer for AI Systems Test, you will rely on industrial best practices to establish clear, measurable requirements-based test metrics, develop a robust test and analysis software architecture, perform tests and in depth root cause analysis to rapidly improve the performance and safety of our flight solutions. In this role, you will work closely with software, hardware and flight test teams to ensure that our autonomous systems are increasingly more performant and robust. This role will require you to design and implement software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop tests that will run in the Acubed on-premise compute cluster or on certifiable embedded targets in order to pave the way toward productization.
- Architect and implement complex software tests to meet performance and safety targets
- Design and implement both software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop test programs
- Perform in-depth result analyses as a key part of our expert systems engineering team
- Develop software tools to enhance and scale our data collection and analysis capabilities in support of our Verification & Validation activities
- Collaborate with our Machine Learning, AI Data, and Infrastructure teams to develop analysis & visualization tools that will scale over a large pool of data to speed up the iterative development toward productization of our autonomous flight solutions
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a software engineer in the field of autonomous vehicles, aerospace, robotics, or related fields
- Extensive experience in Python
- Strong communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with a drive to overcome challenges
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience in SQL
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms
- A passion for making things fly
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location and years of experience, the target annual salary for this position can range from $160,000 to $190,000 + target bonus + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and flight training).
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.