Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Project Manager, you will report to the Director of Program Management at Wayfinder. Our project management team ensures that we deliver our work on time, on cost and on quality. In this role, you will collaborate with our experts across our AI, software engineering, simulation and flight test teams to help design, build and test our products. We are a lean, fast-moving team, and we need your keen organizational skills to deliver meaningful and impactful products.
- Support Director of Program Management in overall organization of team activities. This includes supporting the efficient planning, design and execution of projects, and status and review meetings
- Track progress of projects, identify discrepancies and risks to mitigate schedule and resource impacts, and update Director of Program Management
- Compile financial needs, prepare the yearly budget, and administer it, keeping tight grip of financial forecasting
- Proactively oversee budget as required by unforeseen events, and manage and update as needed the project’s cost breakdown structure
- Manage project budgetary risks and opportunities and associated action plans
- Analyze project actuals and commitments at the end of each month
- Monitor the status of purchase orders and contracts and prepare financial accruals at the end of each month (including tracking contracts and auto-renewals)
- Manage procurement orders from beginning to end (getting approval, placing orders, following up with vendors, tracking receipt and updating project documentation)
- Draft contracts and shepherd them through the review process to execution
- Manage internal relationships with support functions (including IT, legal and finance)
- Manage team visitors including NDAs and other requirements
- Implement and improve project and program management methods in response to ongoing tasks and to accommodate the continued growth of the team and scope
- Pursue program-specific tasks and issues identified by Director of Program Management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in, and 2+ years of experience in, project management; OR 6+ years of project management experience
- Ability to build an excellent rapport with internal constituents: engineers and technologists with a variety of personalities and styles
- Proven experience managing complex projects to successful completion including the ability to navigate complex environments and work with interdisciplinary teams and effectively communicate priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to management
- Ability to define and/or modify processes rather than applying what exists today
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational and team building skills with a passion for chasing details and completing tasks on time
- Ability to maintain a flexible, pragmatic attitude while bringing clarity and order to multiple parallel innovative engineering projects
- Experience implementing JIRA, Confluence and other tools essential to efficient project management
- Knowledge and expertise in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and other project management methodologies
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Certified PMP or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Six Sigma Certifications
- Real-world experience managing aerospace and/or machine learning hardware and software integrated related systems: even better if you have GitHub experience!
- Degree in an aerospace or technical field
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits with 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.