Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Principal Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, maintaining and evolving the data storage and compute infrastructure at Acubed data centers to support Wayfinder's autonomy development. This will involve managing and improving Wayfinder's scalable data aggregation and storage solution as well as a GPU cluster for training and testing vision-based machine learning (ML).
You will be involved in a fast-paced development environment characterized by state-of-the-art ML infrastructure development.
- Design, prototype and supervise the operation of a data infrastructure to aggregate and store petabytes of data (e.g., images, videos, point clouds) as well as train and test ML algorithms at scale, with an appropriate mix of cloud and on-premise resources
- Interface with internal teams to understand requirements, provide solutions and propose usage best practices
- Manage infrastructure suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline
- 8+ years of professional experience in large scale data infrastructure (i.e. experience in designing on-premise and cloud based Infrastructure-as-a-service or platform-as-a-service solutions)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (e.g., CGP, AWS)
- Experience in designing and maintaining large scale infrastructure (e.g., ActiveScale, WekaIO, SLURM, Kubernetes - open-source / OpenShift / Rancher)
- Prior experience and expertise in distributed data storage (e.g. S3, HDFS, NFS)
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
Strongly preferred qualifications
- Experience with infrastructure for ML-based autonomous vehicle applications, including GPU accelerated computing
- Real-world experience with infrastructure supporting multi-petabyte datasets
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more