Full Stack Engineer (Infrastructure) Internship
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
Join the Wayfinder team and build tools that will help our teams explore and manipulate large datasets used for AI training and testing. Our infrastructure team is responsible for all of Wayfinder’s data ingestion and storage, with the goal of making the data easy to browse, modify, download, and summarize. You will be working on full stack products using Python backends, Postgres and ElasticSearch data providers, and React or Vue frontends.
- Develop new features on existing applications, or develop new applications used to visualize image and metadata datasets in the context of deep learning / AI training.
- Work with and augment existing data schemas to provide new insights into dataset composition and trends.
- Contribute comprehensively tested code for successful deployment by CI/CD systems
- Working knowledge of AJAX and asynchronous programming in web frontends (using jQuery or ES6 fetch)
- Experience working with Python or Node.js-based backends for web application development
- Sound data modeling and querying practices in either SQL or NoSQL environments
- Experience working with and/or building APIs (eg: RESTful concepts, use of JSON, etc)
- Strong unit testing habits, including designing code for testing and use of mocking
Strongly preferred qualifications
- Experience with an ORM (eg: SQLAlchemy, Sequelize, etc) or a DSL (eg: ElasticSearch DSL)
- Experience with a web frontend framework (React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience contributing to existing projects (eg: open source contributions, plugin development)