UTM Simulation Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
At Airbus Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM), we are designing, developing and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. We collaborate with regulators, industry organizations, manufacturers and colleagues from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
Our team is passionate about building a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport the people and goods of tomorrow. Do you share this passion? Come join us!
As a Simulation Engineer, you will work on Airbus UTM's simulation platform for testing and developing the systems that will manage the traffic of autonomous vehicles in the future airspace. We are a lean, fast-moving team, so we value flexibility and the personal drive to identify and tackle hard problems.
- Design and develop models, algorithms, and services that interact with simulated and proof-of-concept implementations of UTM
- Analyze the safety and efficiency of various concepts, architectures and services within UTM
- Create novel approaches to modeling and simulation of traffic management concepts
- Work closely with subject matter experts to design and prototype algorithms for decision making, demand and fleet management, airspace allocation and other challenging problems
- Own a part of the simulation platform as it grows and develops
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline
- 3+ years of progressive experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of progressive experience developing simulation software
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured and well-documented code
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++
- A flexible, pragmatic attitude to contribute across various efforts as needed
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with fundamental simulation concepts such as interpolation techniques, time discretization methods and Monte Carlo experiments
- Working understanding of aviation and aerospace engineering
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more