Lead Software Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
At Airbus Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM), we are designing, developing and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. We collaborate with regulators, industry organizations, manufacturers and colleagues from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
Our team is passionate about building a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport the people and goods of tomorrow. Do you share this passion? Come join us!
Lead Software Engineers are the heart of our development team. As a hands-on senior technical leader, you will be designing, building and refining new distributed microservices and applications with your team of experienced engineers. Our product and aerospace experts are there to support you as well with the goal of producing robust software with a high degree of quality and industry best practices.
We have envisioned several green field projects that need your judgement and discretion to identify technologies to use and techniques to implement in order to excel at our ambitious goals. As a Lead Engineer, your software accomplishments will directly shape the future of unmanned flight.
- Design and build customer and industry-facing distributed services and platform components supporting the future of unmanned flight
- Exhibit technical leadership and initiative in the design and execution of new development and product features for multiple projects
- Develop requirements with aerospace domain partners, then design and execute on those with your service development team
- Produce high-level technical designs, gather requirements and rapidly prototype new components
- Take ownership of both existing service products and lead new green-field projects
- Advocate for quality delivery, testing, and maintainability.
- Communicate with the team both directly and by utilizing effective documentation
- Mentor for junior colleagues to advance the team’s overall abilities
- Work with our Platform Team to ensure reliable, repeatable and high-quality deployment and maintenance operations
- Be a generalist with experience in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development, systems engineering and distributed infrastructure
- Possess a working knowledge of distributed services from their design and implementation to operational and scalability needs
- Have a desire to work with an ambitious team in a fast-paced environment with strong values in sustainable development
- Have 5-10 years experience developing scalable software and distributed web PaaS/SaaS applications
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more