Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
The Advanced Digital Design and Manufacturing (ADAM) project seeks to accelerate Airbus’ transition towards digital design and manufacturing. The team is uniquely positioned to identify and innovate on emerging technologies with collaborators in Silicon Valley and across the globe. ADAM provides a platform to drastically reduce aerospace product lead-times and production costs. Through our tool-agnostic framework, we integrate existing and newly developed software solutions. We provide easy-to-use tools to design and automate processes in aerospace manufacturing.
Your role as Project Engineer will be to assist the Director of Engineering in delivering high value projects and breakthrough innovation with a focus on speed, quality and cost. As Project Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a small but dedicated multi-functional team in the development, on-time delivery, and stakeholder management of software products being delivered to the team’s Airbus stakeholders. You will work directly with Airbus stakeholders, collecting their requirements and feedback and translating these into actionable items for the team with an eye toward the capabilities of the ADAM team and high level strategy. As Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the schedule and release plan for your software projects as well as tickets to issue work to the team. As our projects are “outside-the-box” by design, you are someone who will naturally seek, investigate and implement creative solutions to challenges and obstacles that emerge.
- Create and maintain delivery schedules, budget, and engineering resource plans for assigned software projects
- Evaluate needs of Airbus stakeholders and determine the engineering skills breakdown needed to support your initiative, including number of engineers, skill sets, and estimate of the hours required
- Capture, maintain, and manage requirements, functional definitions, and business cases from Airbus stakeholders
- Share project status and demonstrations of completed work with Airbus stakeholders
- Act as a representative of the project team at stakeholder meetings
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Engineering and the Software Engineering Leads to determine staffing needs for each project and to define the technical implementation plan for required features
- Monitor project performance metrics and provide regular updates to management.
- Identify, capture, and manage development risks and opportunities, integrating feedback from prior engagements
- Participate and provide insight in code and architecture reviews
- Produce documentation in multiple formats to support project needs including milestone, monthly and quarterly reports
- Aggressively pursue tasks from the ADAM leadership team to completion
- Experience in Engineering Product Design, Engineering Analysis
- Experience with leading diverse teams. Overseas exposure is ideal
- Experience working with a source control tool such as Git or Subversion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coordination and relational skills to collaborate with stakeholders, project personnel, and internal and external partners
- An undergraduate degree in a technical field and at least 5 years of progressively ambitious work experience and demonstrated track record in project management and leading multi-functional teams
- Familiarity with aerospace engineering concepts
- Familiarity with software architecture concepts
- Familiarity with business process modeling
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Employee discounts, gym subsidy/membership and more
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location and years of experience, the target annual salary for this position can range from $140,000 to $170,000 + target bonus + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and flight training).
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.