Process Automation Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
The Advanced Digital Design and Manufacturing (ADAM) project seeks to accelerate Airbus’ transition towards digital design and manufacturing. The team is uniquely positioned to identify and innovate on emerging technologies with collaborators in Silicon Valley and across the globe. ADAM provides a platform to drastically reduce aerospace product lead-times and production costs. Through our tool-agnostic framework, we integrate existing and newly developed software solutions. We provide easy-to-use tools to design and automate processes in aerospace manufacturing.
The overall scope of the ADAM Process Automation Engineer is to support the design and development, testing and validation of automated workflows and data pipelines for aerospace engineering tasks. This role reports to the Engineering Automation Technical Lead. The Process Automation Engineer will be responsible for building automation solutions by interacting with subject matter experts in the Airbus Engineering community to capture their existing processes and map these processes into executable workflows that can replace the existing manual effort. This role will also be responsible for coordinating co-development with engineers, providing templates for structuring code as well as feedback and code reviews to ensure consistent code quality for all generated automation. To succeed in this role you will have a strong sense of ownership, love for automation and software development, enjoy solving complex problems and possess the know-how to foster strong relationships and build trust within the team and with key stakeholders.
- Design and implement engineering automation solutions
- Coordinate with extended team members to deliver automation solutions within a larger context
- Capture existing engineering business processes in rich diagrams representing the existing process and data flows
- Provide accurate estimates on effort for solution implementation
- Plan collaboration of effort between Acubed and internal Airbus customers
- Implement, validate and test automation solutions
- Provide weekly status updates on development progress
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing process automation
- 3+ years experience in Git and code management platforms such as GitHub or Azure DevOps
- Significant experience in agile development principles and iterative product development
- Significant experience with secure continuous integration and development tools such as Jenkins and Artifactory
- Significant experience with Python and/or other scripting languages
- Significant experience building ETL and data pipelines for process automation
- Ability to build an excellent rapport with internal constituents: engineers and technologists with a variety of personalities and styles
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented and to use analysis to drive decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Strong organizational and team building skills
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
- Experience with tools like Apache Nifi and Airflow
- Experience with Enterprise Business Process Modeling tools and standards (BPMN, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with critical software applications with strong Quality Assurance (QA) processes
- A Master’s degree in a technical field (computer science, mathematics, etc.) with 8+ years of related experience
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits with 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more
- * Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.