Full Stack Software Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
The Advanced Digital Design and Manufacturing (ADAM) project seeks to accelerate Airbus’ transition towards digital design and manufacturing. The team is uniquely positioned to identify and innovate on emerging technologies with collaborators in Silicon Valley and across the globe. ADAM provides a platform to drastically reduce aerospace product lead-times and production costs. Through our tool-agnostic framework, we integrate existing and newly developed software solutions. We provide easy-to-use tools to design and automate processes in aerospace manufacturing.
Your role as a Full Stack Software Engineer will be to assist the Chief Engineer in delivering high value projects with a focus on speed, quality and cost. You are comfortable using supplied data to make informed decisions regarding implementation of software use cases, and enjoy working in an agile work environment, where quick delivery, constant testing and iteration are the norm. As our projects are “outside-the-box” by design, you are someone who will naturally seek, investigate and implement creative solutions to challenges and obstacles that emerge.
- Be a flexible member of the development team, taking on diverse projects in both the frontend and backend
- Work closely with designers, the ADAM engineering team, and stakeholders to achieve project objectives
- Develop application prototypes for various stakeholders within Airbus
- Participate in code and architecture reviews
- Produce documentation in multiple formats to support project needs including milestone, monthly and quarterly reports
- Pursue program-specific tasks and issues identified by the ADAM management team and Project Executive in a timely manner and ensure their conclusion / resolution
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field and a demonstrated track record in developing UI for the web with at least 2 years of related experience
- Experience using React, HTML5 / CSS / JS (ES6+)
- Experience with Python, GraphQL, SQL
- Experience using and connecting to REST APIs
- Experience working with a source control tool such as Git or Subversion
- A desire to work on a team meeting ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
- Experience with React Hooks or MobX State Management
- Familiarity with TypeScript or other type systems
- Front-end testing experience with Jest or Cypress
- Exposure to automotive or aerospace manufacturing domains
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.