Engineering Automation Technical Lead
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
The Advanced Digital Design and Manufacturing (ADAM) project seeks to accelerate Airbus’ transition towards digital design and manufacturing. The team is uniquely positioned to identify and innovate on emerging technologies with collaborators in Silicon Valley and across the globe. ADAM provides a platform to drastically reduce aerospace product lead-times and production costs. Through our tool-agnostic framework, we integrate existing and newly developed software solutions. We provide easy-to-use tools to design and automate processes in aerospace manufacturing.
Your role as Engineering Automation Technical Lead will be to assist the Project Executive in delivering high value projects with a focus on speed, quality and cost. You are comfortable working with internal customers around the globe as well as suppliers to delivery automation solutions that work at scale, identifying risk and opportunities and ensuring a continuous delivery pipeline for value capitalization as early as possible. You enjoy working in an agile work environment, where quick delivery, constant testing and iteration are the norm. As our projects are “outside-the-box” by design, you are someone who will naturally seek, investigate and implement creative solutions to challenges and obstacles that emerge.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of automating engineering activities
- Work collaboratively with ADAM and Airbus subject matter experts to develop and implement executable workflows to automate everything, everywhere, anytime
- Contribute to the architecture and pipelines, including integration of various domain specific tools, processes and automation initiatives
- Develop and grow the team with respect to engineering automation with focus on airframe
- Participate in code and architecture reviews
- Work in close collaboration with data scientists, backend developers and frontend developers to define the direction of business applications
- Produce documentation in multiple formats to support project needs including milestone, monthly and quarterly reports
- Pursue program-specific tasks and issues identified by the team
- Work with the leadership team to build and grow a diverse team of digital engineering professionals
- Experience with Python or Java
- Experience in SQL
- Experience using and connecting to REST APIs
- Experience in creating ETL and Data Pipelines
- Experience with OpenMDAO
- Experience in architecting and building automation workflows
- Experience working with a source control tool such as Git or Subversion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field (computer science, aerospace engineering, mathematics, etc.) with 3+ years of related experience
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
- Familiarity with Airbus tools and process
- Experience with cloud services and deployment
- A Master’s degree in a technical field (computer science, mathematics, etc.) with 8+ years of related experience
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.