Data Scientist Internship
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
The Advanced Digital Design and Manufacturing (ADAM) project seeks to accelerate the Airbus transition towards a future of digital design and manufacturing. The team is uniquely positioned to identify and innovate on emerging technologies with collaborators in Silicon Valley and across the globe. ADAM provides a platform to drastically reduce Aerospace product lead-times and production costs. Through our tool-agnostic framework, we integrate existing and newly developed software solutions. We provide easy-to-use tools to design and automate processes in aerospace manufacturing.
This is an internship opportunity to join ADAM's team where you will learn to develop methods and build tools addressing current challenges across a broad set of aerospace domains. You will be:
- Prototyping of data analytics softwares using surrogate design and manufacturing data
- Conducting predictive analytics studies to identify areas of opportunity to increase cycle efficiency for design and manufacturing
- Building key performance metrics to assess the design and process variability as well as to predict cost and lead time for new Heads of Version.
- Working on potential development of machine learning algorithms with time series and dynamic analysis to improve demand forecast and optimize localization and shipment of A/C parts.
- Participating in code and architecture reviews as required
- Developing of documentation for the methods and tools developed.
- Be in your last year of pursuing a Bachelors or a Masters Degree in Computer Science, Aerospace or a related field
- Have a proven track record of Academic Excellence;
- Posse a proactive mindset towards problem solving;
- Have passion for developing algorithms and coding solutions to complex aerospace problems;
- Be self-driven and have the curiosity to formulate problem statement and research new solutions