Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
As a Technology Scout, you have a mission critical role to facilitate and leverage technology sourcing and intelligence by gathering and evaluating information in specific fields related to the aerospace industry based on assignments and company interests. In this role, you will curate market research across various private and public sectors and deliver top-notch briefings synthesizing your reports and findings. The role covers technologies and trends in the United States, is based at Acubed’s headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA, and reports directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
A successful Technology Scout will be able to influence the future direction of research and innovation at Airbus. As such, it is important that you develop trusting and open relationships with internal stakeholders throughout the global Airbus family and with external partners. This role has a dotted line into Airbus’ global technology scouting team whose mission is to explore technology trends across geographies to support Airbus’ future challenges, detect interesting startups and companies to partner with, and anticipate trends that could disrupt the future of the industry.
- Manage a clustered portfolio of technology scouting topics in partnership with internal subject matter experts
- Identify and profile trailblazing technology startups, corporations, venture capital investments, university research and innovation approaches as related to Airbus and the aerospace industry at large
- Prepare technology trend reports and briefing memos of profiled companies addressing scouting and customer requests
- Initiate, monitor and successfully complete scouting assignments in coordination with internal customers and the Airbus R&T community
- Ensure a clear and robust definition of needs agreed upon with internal stakeholders
- Identify, manage and nurture relationships with external partners in corporations and academia
- Facilitate networking and strong relationships with key research institutions and relevant technology players
- Support global technology scouting team initiatives and activities
- An advanced university degree or an equivalent combination of a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience
- Possess broad technical knowledge in emerging fields (e.g. AI, autonomy, connectivity, electrification, etc.)
- Experience in the aerospace industry is an advantage, alongside startup experience
- Exceptional research and analytical abilities
- Track record of creating and nurturing partnerships
- Passion for new technologies and technical acumen to evaluate their relevance
- Previous working experience in scouting and/or business intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Awareness of IP and legal challenges when dealing with partners
- This position requires some travel in the US and to Europe
- Knowledge of Airbus’ products, services and operations would be a plus, but is not a requirement
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location and years of experience, the target annual salary for this position can range from $150,000 to $195,000 + target bonus + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and flight training).
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.