ITO Support Specialist (Contract)
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
As our IT Operations Support Specialist (Contract) you will report directly to the IT Operations Manager. You will assist in day-to-day IT support and provisioning. You will also take on longer-term projects that will push your capabilities, all the while, you will have the support from all teammates, who will help you find the answers and clarity of understanding that you need.
- Provide prompt and professional service to employees, contractors, interns, collaborators and others (referred to as customers)
- Manage the lifecycle of service requests, events and incidents
- Manage support ticket queue
- Communicate deliverable expectations and timelines to customers
- Initiate IT procurement process by creating purchase orders and/or purchase order requests
- Manage software and hardware distribution through asset tracking
- Work with teams to on-board and off-board users, provision standard accounts, deploy systems, provision access to services, VPN, etc.
- Continuously audit cloud apps account user membership, permissions, and licensing; including Google Workspace, Asana, Slack, Office 365, Sophos and others
- Troubleshoot MacOS software and hardware issues and perform basic Apple hardware repairs and maintenance
- Deployment and basic troubleshooting of Linux based end-user laptops and desktops
- Manage MacOS fleet through use of Jamf
- Mobile phone support, including administration of phone line subscriptions
- Troubleshooting of basic network connectivity, including DHCP and DNS
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Provide orientation and guidance to end-users, including creation of technical documentation, SOPs and how-to guides
- Coverage for other teammates when they are out on PTO, sick leave, etc.
- Part of incident response triage /w minimal / limited on-call
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Manage own ticket queue as priorities shift
- 2+ years related IT support experience in a mixed Mac and Linux environments
- Experience in the administration of Google Workspace and other cloud apps
- Strong experience in using and in the administration of Jamf
- Knowledge of Android and iOS mobile device support
- Solid understanding of ITIL concepts
- Must be able to stand, bend, reach, kneel and sit for hours at a time
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Excellent communication skills required
- Strong sense of customer focus
- Strong sense of curiosity and interest
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- CCNA, JNCIA or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in the administration of Linux distributions
- Solid scripting capabilities
- Operational experience working in virtual and container environments (VMware, KVM, Docker)