ITO Infrastructure Engineer
Founded in 2015, Acubed is the Silicon Valley innovation center of Airbus. As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Our mission is to provide a lens into the future for the industry, transforming risk into opportunity to build the future of flight now.
At Acubed, we strive to propel innovation to market faster, broaden the talent pool in emerging aerospace careers and simultaneously help drive a culture change across Airbus.
As an IT Operations Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and evolving a diverse IT infrastructure, both at our HQ and data center. While you will be designing and implementing stable, time tested solutions, you will also need to integrate forward thinking, contemporary ideas into those designs. You should have a sense of what it means to pay down on technical debt and be able to weigh sustainability vs. new features into your designs.
Additionally, you will be a mentor to junior teammates and will help support your teammates in their roles during their PTO and other types of absence.
- Work across teams to evaluate and implement IT infrastructure needs
- Gather and negotiate requirements of IT infrastructure designs through RFCs
- Install and upgrade infrastructure servers, network devices, and data storage through the use of contemporary principles (change management, version control, automation / Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Design and implement high availability infrastructure solutions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues related to IT Operations
- Manage incident lifecycle and perform after-incident root cause analysis
- Perform scheduled patch management
- Stay up to date on latest CVEs and zero-day exploits
- Reduce toil where possible through automation and Infrastructure-as-Code methodologies
- Design, implement, maintain, and monitor a DevOps environment for teams and the organization
- Administration of standard infrastructure network services including DHCP, DNS, VPN, AAA, Wi-Fi and others
- Administration of IT Operations managed cloud apps, including GCP, AWS, Google Workspace and others.
- Monitor the performance of the company’s IT infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Vendor relationship management
- Initiate IT procurement process by creating purchase orders and/or purchase order requests for infrastructure related equipment and services
- Create and update technical documentation and SOPs
- Part of incident response triage /w minimal / limited on-call
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor ’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional experience as System Administrator or similar role
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills addressing problems that span multiple domains (hardware platforms, virtualization, application stacks, networking, systems)
- Capacity to work under pressure and support projects with aggressive timelines
- High proficiency in the administration of Linux distributions (RHEL based, Debian based)
- Proficiency in administration of Microsoft Active Directory & Infrastructure
- Proficiency in administration of MacOS
- Proficiency in the administration of virtualization platforms, such as VMware, OpenStack, Proxmox
- Experience with databases, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB
- Experience with configuration management platforms, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, SSH, HTTP and other network protocols
- Solid understanding of edge firewall and network segmentation concepts
- Solid understanding of IT security and privacy concepts
- Solid understanding of MDM and endpoint management
- Solid understanding of SSO concepts
- Solid understanding of Wi-Fi concepts and authentication methods, including WPA, RADIUS, EAP-TLS
- Solid understanding of cloud environments, such as AWS, GCP
- Solid understanding of web applications, such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat
- Solid understanding of monitoring, observability and performance management tools
- Solid understanding of network data / object storage, such as NFS, Samba, MinIO
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of customer focus
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status (or qualify for an exemption)
- Solid understanding of containerization and orchestration
- OpenStack experience
- Knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF and BGP)
- Practical knowledge of DevOps tools, such as Elastic Stack, Prometheus, GitLab, Github, Jenkins
- Practical knowledge of Identity Management systems, such as Google, Okta, FreeIPA
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after 2 yrs) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location and years of experience, the target annual salary for this position can range from $130,000 to $160,000 + target bonus + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and flight training).
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.